Site Selection and Permitting
Interested in exploring Illinois for your next EV site or expansion project? Intersect Illinois provides CEOs and site selectors with the information and resources needed to make the most strategic investment decisions.
REV Act incentives are maximized for manufacturers who locate or expand in Underserved or Energy Transition Areas (map coming soon). Illinois also provides a 20% price preference for state fleet purchases when an EV is made in Illinois.
Intersect Illinois, the state’s 501c3 economic development partner, provides the following complimentary services:
- Site selection assistance
- Coordination of site visits
- Project-specific data analyses
- Market and competitive analyses
- Workforce, labor, and wage analyses
- Distribution and management of state-wide or geography-specific RFP’s
- Introductions to key government, community, education, and business leaders
- Liaison with Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO)
The REV Act created an EV Permitting Task Force consisting of the Illinois Department of Transportation, Illinois Environmental Protection Agency and Illinois Department of Natural Resources to ensure that permitting issues for EV companies are put on the fast track.
Prioritized Infrastructure Needs
Road projects that directly assist in the feasibility of locating an EV facility may be prioritized by the Illinois Department of Transportation.